sábado, 14 de diciembre de 2013

VeggieTales

Good Morning!!! 
I am doing just my last Post of the term. I would like to show you something I found the other day. I was looking after the American girls I told you the other day, when they asked to me permission to watch T.V while dinner. I said yes (because they were behaving really well).
I switched on the T.V and a list of cartoons appeared. Some cartoons were known also in Spain such as Postman Pat, Bob the builder, Mickey Mouse, and Phineas y Ferb… and suddenly they saw “VeggieTales”.
It sounds pretty strange and also boring, but we saw a chapter. It was called “Sweetpea Beauty”.

In this chapter a jealous queen, set her sights on ravishing rhubarb who is the Prettiest in the land. As you can see is a mix of tales. It was super funny and also it has an inner teaching I loved. When the girls went bed I decided to look for more information about these cartoons. 
VeggieTales is actually an American series of children's, introduce vegetables in stories conveying moral themes based on Christianity. They frequently retell Biblical stories, sometimes in a different way reframed, and include humorous references to pop culture in many different eras by putting Veggie spins on them (e.g., classic literature, TV shows, etc.).

They started in the 1993and it is not only a T.V. series, you can also find, chants, interactive games, books, activities, and also a live Show.

Taking into account the topic we were discussing the other day about watching films at school, I want to show you this tool. Because a chapter is shorter than a film(35 to 50 minutes), the level is lower and it has many scaffolding which let you work better on them.
I am going to show you the trailes of a "Sweetpea Beauty" here:
 and also you can visit the official webpage of VeggieTale
Do you like the series?
Would you use it at school?
If you have another unknown series that you would like to share with me, I will be very happy.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario